This session was recorded.
Trauma-Informed Instruction is an instructional technique to implement that will best support CCCS students struggling to engage and succeed in courses due to past and current traumas.
• Participants will identify what trauma is, who experiences trauma, and the impacts trauma has on academic engagement, success, and retention.
• Participants will define Trauma-Informed Instruction and identify the importance it has in higher education.
• Participants will learn easy ways to apply Trauma-Informed Instruction into their online classroom.
• Participants will construct their own trauma-informed response using the Framework for Email Responses.
• Participants will rehearse how to say no to a student request while using trauma-informed techniques.