This session was recorded.
Two mice and two humans find cheese in a maze. As the cheese dwindles, the mice explore the maze, finding new cheese. The hungry humans demand, “Who moved our cheese?” The contents and evolution of standard introductory math and science courses will be reviewed from a holistic perspective.
Participants will examine the following questions:
• Have we institutionalized outdated courses that prepare students for a 1960’s science / engineering education?
• Are traditional materials optimal for online /self-taught learning?
• Are there redundancies and gaps in the curricula contents and progression?
• Are topics that are taught as though they are different actually the same?
• Are there multidiscipline integration opportunities?