This session was recorded.
Rubrics empower students. Rubrics remove sages from stages and replaces them with learners as competent grade earners. Participants will review best practices and develop rubric criteria to help students perform! At the end of this session participants will have the resources and introductory practice required to create effective rubrics in different disciplines.
• Define rubrics and identify the benefit of using rubrics for both students and instructors.
• List essential features in designing effective rubrics in any discipline.
• Evaluate rubric samples for assessing different types of assignments.
• Share criteria for evaluating student performance at different levels.
• Restate rubric criteria for students with different language abilities.
• Comment on Websites that provide resources for creating rubrics.